The new high school, opened in 1907


The new high school, opened in 1907

The new high school was the pride of the community when it opened in 1907 with an attached public library (on far left, facing Huron) donated by Andrew Carnegie. The University purchased the building in 1956 and renamed it for Latin professor Henry Simmons Frieze, who had been a member of the school board and UM acting president.

Keywords: high schools, schools, public schools, secondary schools, education, library, libraries, Frieze, streetscapes

Frame location: West side of North State, north of East Huron, on the extension north of the first tree, facing southeast

This image may be protected by copyright law. Contact the Bentley Historical Library for permission to reproduce, display or transmit this image. Repository: Bentley Historical Library


pictureAnnArbor: Site 11: Schools and Churches, Downtown Ann Arbor Historical Street Exhibit Program
Date: 1907

Copyright: Copyright Protected
Rights Held by: Ann Arbor District Library