Law library building interior, 1883


Law library building interior, 1883

Even before the University opened in 1841, the regents purchased a hand-colored folio edition of Audubon’s birds of America, shown here in 1878 (circled). the folio was accessible to all library patrons. The University library was then in the law building on State street near the corner of North University Avenue. Note the now-extinct card catalog on the left.

This image may be protected by copyright law. Contact the Bentley Historical Library for permission to reproduce, display or transmit this image. Repository: Bentley Historical Library


pictureAnnArbor: A Book Lover’s Town, Site 13a: A Second Shopping District, Downtown Ann Arbor Historical Street Exhibit Program
Date: 1878

Copyright: Copyright Protected


| Report Problem