Medical Building


Medical Building

The medical department began in 1850 in this Greek revival building on east University. A pioneer in medical education, it contained laboratories, lecture rooms, and a large amphitheater for dissection when cadavers were available. The four story wing at the rear was added in 1864. The building was replaced by Randall physics laboratory in 1914.

Frame location: West side of State Street north of the walk on the north side of the Michigan Union, facing east

This image may be protected by copyright law. Contact the Bentley Historical Library for permission to reproduce, display or transmit this image. Repository: Bentley Historical Library


Article Keywords: Education, University of Michigan, University of Michigan - Academic Programs, University of Michigan - Buildings, University of Michigan Medical Building
pictureAnnArbor: Site 14b: University of Michigan Campus, 1907, Downtown Ann Arbor Historical Street Exhibit Program

Copyright: Copyright Protected


| Report Problem