A & L Battery Service, ca 1927


A & L Battery Service, ca 1927

Theophil Aprill (second from right) and Albert Larmee (left) stand beside recharging batteries in their South First shop. The business gradually moved to 529 South Main. Under Theophil's son Ted, A & L became one of the largest auto parts distributors in Southeast Michigan.

This image may be protected by copyright law. Contact the Bentley Historical Library for permission to reproduce, display or transmit this image. Repository: Bentley Historical Library


Article Keywords: A & L Battery, Automobiles - Parts & Supplies, Businesses, German Americans, Stores & Shops
People: Albert Larmee, Ted Aprill, Theophil Aprill
Places: 529 S. Main St.
pictureAnnArbor: From Horses to Cars: Early Autos, Service, and Parts, Site 5: Germans in Ann Arbor, Downtown Ann Arbor Historical Street Exhibit Program
Date: 1927

Copyright: Copyright Protected


| Report Problem